Do you occasionally experience a brother printer offline issue? When you try to print a document from your computer, your Brother printer might report being offline. When Brother printer is in the “Offline” status, it cannot connect to devices like laptops or desktops. Because the printer has to receive data between devices to print materials, a link to other devices is required.
Don’t panic at the time you confront a brother printer offline error because it could be a Windows update issue or a router wireless connection issue. You can quickly understand solutions for Brother Printer Offline and handle this problem by reading this post.
What causes your Brother printer to go offline?
Your Brother Printer might be shown as “Offline” if not turned on, has faults like empty toner, isn’t set as the default printer, has a USB cord or network connection issue, or any of these things. It might also be classified as “Offline” if it has any of these things.
- You can get a printer that goes down the issue if your Brother printer is not configured as the default.
- Your Brother printer may experience a paper jam issue. It could prevent your Brother printer from operating normally and result in an offline error.
- Incompatible printer drivers can make a printer cease functioning.
- The printer settings allow you to choose the “Use Printer Offline” mode.
- Firewall configurations may prevent printing, which would result in an offline error.
How can you fix your Brother printer when it goes offline?
If you’re using a Brother printer, likely that it won’t print, and you will discover that it’s offline. It is annoying if you are trying to print something you need right away. You may repair Brother Printer Goes Offline by performing the procedures listed below. To begin with the Brother Printer offline fix, you only need to follow the instructions.
Method 1: Remove your Brother printer’s offline checkbox
- To begin, click the start button to launch the control panel, then select the “Devices and Printers” option.
- Now select what is printing’ from the context menu by right-clicking the Brother print icon.
- Check if there is a checkmark next to the “use printer offline” option.
- Click on the checkbox to remove, if it is checked.
- Select the option to “cancel all papers” by clicking on the printer option once again from the top menu.
Method 2: Evaluate your Brother Printer Connectivity
- Restart your Brother printer, then wait.
- Make sure your printer is connected.
- Verify that your USB cable is plugged in correctly.
- Make sure you are connected to the correct network while using a wireless or WiFi connection.
- Finally you must Run a print test.
Method 3: Ensure your Brother printer set to default
- First, use the Windows search feature to navigate to the “Control panel.”
- Click on “Devices & Printers” when the “Control Panel” window appears.
- Next the printer list will show up on the screen.
- Choose the option to “Set as Default Printer” by performing a right-click on your Brother printer.
- Restart your Brother printer now to see if your offline issue is fixed.
Method 4: Examine Your Printer for Jams
- Turn off the printer and unplug the power source if you discover a paper jam between the rollers.
- Open the Printer to remove the rollers carefully.
- If this choice is not available, try carefully pulling paper.
- Send a printing command once the paper has been removed from between the rollers.
Method 5: Reject all print jobs
- Access Control Panel and click Devices and Printers
- Choose See what’s printing from the context menu when you right-click on your Brother printer.
- Click Printer in the new box that appears and click Open As Administrator.
- Go to Cancel All Documents and click.
- To confirm your activity, press Yes.
- Try closing the window to check if your printer returns to normal operation.
Method 6: Reinstall printer firmware
- Visit the Brother website and select the operating system version you are using.
- Then press Search on your printer device’s Downloads page.
- Find the Firmware section by scrolling down and choosing Firmware Update Tool.
- At the bottom, click the Download and Agree to the EULA buttons.
- Open the file and follow the instructions to upgrade the printer’s firmware after the download is complete.
Method 7: Update your printer driver
- Right-click the Windows Start menu, select the “Device Manager” option.
- Double-click the print queue choice now to make your list larger.
- The printer can then have its driver updated by performing a right-click.
- Go to the next screen and click “Browse my computer for driver software.”
- Select the location of the driver download folder and then click “OK.”
- Once the driver update is complete, click the Next button.
We hope this post will be of the best use to you while looking for solutions to the Brother printer offline Fix problem. Contact the Brother support team for more help. In case you run across any issues in your Brother printer which you cannot resolve on your own.