CAT Sample Paper is an excellent resource for CAT exam preparation. Practice leads to perfection, and perfection leads to succession. Therefore solving sample papers and mock tests will help the candidates crack the exam with a good rank.
This article will enlighten the candidates about the importance of solving sample papers and mock tests and how greatly it affects exam preparation.
CAT Sample Papers 2022
Candidates can track the exam’s difficulty level through CAT Exam Sample Papers and plan their preparation accordingly.
At Hitbullseye, candidates will get the latest information about the CAT exam and methods to prepare efficiently without losing an opportunity.
Before delving into the details of the sample papers, let’s first discuss the CAT exam pattern to help students get an idea of the exam.
CAT Exam Pattern
There is a sectional-time limit for each section of CAT. Applicants cannot change the question sequence because the exam follows a chronological order for three sections. Here is the complete overview of the CAT exam pattern that will help you in time management and strategic planning:
|Sections||Total No. of Questions||MCQs||TITA||Allotted Time|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)||24||19||5||40 Minutes|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||20||15||5||40 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||20||14||8||40 Minutes|
CAT exam consists of three sections. It includes both MCQs and non-MCQs. It also includes negative markings for the incorrect answers. Here is a section-wise description of the CAT syllabus:
|CAT Syllabus – Sections||Topics|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension(VARC)||Para Jumbles, Para Summary, Long and Short Passages, Odd Sentence Out.|
|Data Interpretations & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||Seating Arrangements, Team Formation, Clocks and Calendars, Coding-Decoding, Venn Diagrams, Bar Graphs|
|Quantitative Aptitude (QA)||Modern Maths, Number System, Geometry, Mensuration, Algebra, Arithmetic|
The three years of a Bachelor’s Degree are a must. However, the final year students can also apply for this exam. Owing to recent changes caused by the pandemic, the criteria for appearing in CAT have become less rigorous than before. Candidates must go through CAT eligibility criteria to avoid any last-minute hustle.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree (with min. 50% marks)|
|Work Experience||Not Compulsory|
|Reservation||As per category|
Advantages of CAT Sample Papers
Several advantages of solving CAT sample papers enable you to improve your scores systematically. Candidates must go through these details to help them understand the importance of practising.
- Time management is a crucial aspect of an exam. Solving sample papers will increase the speed of solving questions, helping better time management.
- Creating new questions is a tough job; therefore, these questions are not included in the study material. Instead, they are used in CAT sample papers and mock tests. Practising new questions helps to strengthen the core concepts of a candidate.
- Solving these papers and mock tests with a running timer helps the candidate get used to the exam-like environment. This helps reduce the anxiety and pressure of sitting in an exam unprepared.
- Sample papers help in self-assessment. Candidates can find flaws and weak areas and work on them accordingly. To score well in the exam, candidates must know how to analyse their weak and strong points and work accordingly.
- These papers concentrate on all the exam topics rather than the text questions of each chapter. It provides questions on all the topics giving the benefit of all-inclusive preparation.
- Practising these papers helps increase the speed of solving questions more accurately. A candidate gets familiarised with the questions asked and can solve them quickly.
- After knowing the strengths and weaknesses, the aspirants can decide which questions to attempt and which to take up later. Such minor changes can make a huge impact on your overall scores.
- These papers are designed to enhance your skills in solving papers. It keeps you updated regarding the paper pattern, thus helping you be prepared to answer any questions that could be asked in the exams.
- Studying individual questions can limit a candidate’s focus, but solving the CAT sample papers widens one’s scope of tackling different questions and predicting the important questions that might appear in the exam.
Important Preparation Tips
A proper plan and schedule are required to crack it. Maintaining consistency with the schedule and hard work are keys to preparing CAT. Here are some tips to help you prepare and ace your exam:
- Start the day by reading the newspaper, the latest news and headlines.
- Develop a reading habit, which can be very helpful during the exam. Reading speed increases by manifolds. After all, CAT is indeed a game of speed mixed with accuracy..
- Practice at least 30 questions on each topic.
- Candidates must design their strategy to solve CAT question papers by practising multiple sample papers.
- Please don’t start with random topics. Schedule your daily topics, and then start working on them.
- Keep track of time while learning and during practice.
- Make short notes of quant formulas and revise them daily as it will be beneficial.
- Solve at least one comprehension passage daily.
- Try to be consistent and practice as much as you can.
Some of the best books for CAT preparation are given below. Candidates must refer to these books while aiming to crack the CAT exam.
|How to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Arun Sharma||Includes elaborative examples. The book has three difficulty levels; candidates can increase their levels according to their preparation.|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha||The book is divided into 5 modules. All the questions are provided with solutions.|
|Quantitative Aptitude Quantum CAT 2019||Sarvesh K Verma||It includes more than one solution to the questions and practice tests.|
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|How to Prepare for Data Interpretation for CAT||Arun Sharma||The book is written according to the latest syllabus and can be used for other competitive exams|
|Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation for CAT||K. Sinha Nishit||The book has three levels of preparation with fundamentals and advanced topics.|
Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension
|Word Power made easy||Norman Lewis||This book improves vocabulary and explains the correct use of words.|
|Mastering the Verbal Ability for CAT||Ajay Singh||More than 200 passages and test papers are included for best preparation.|
|How to Prepare for Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension for the CAT||Arun Sharma and Meenakshi Upadhyay||Includes mock test and analysis of previous year’s papers.|
Candidates can refer to the study material listed above for their preparation. Practising through a sample paper is necessary to get a higher rank in the CAT exam. Keep track of the latest changes and practice accordingly. Success comes to those who practice daily.
Our website provides exclusive content for CAT preparation. Aspirants can go through these details to prepare effectively.